Take some clear glass vases from the dollar store and turn them into a focal point on any shelf, mantle, or table center piece with just a few simple steps and supplies. Use any combination of colors and size glitter to create different unique effects. Follow these steps to create your own DIY glitter vases home decor today.
- Various Sizes of Clear Glass Vases
- Foam Brush
- Mod Podge
- Various Colors of Extra Fine Glitter
- Various Colors of Glitter Discs
- Clear Plastic Cup
- Scratch Paper or Plastic Plate for your Work Surface
Step by Step Instructions
1. Pour mod podge in small plastic cup. (add a tsp of water if needed)
2. Using the foam brush, stir the mod podge and apply a thin layer around the entire glass vase.
3. Holding the vase over a piece of scratch paper or a plastic plate, spread the chunky glitter discs by rotating the vase around until it is covered in its entirety.
4. To cover any gaps, gather the glitter together on the paper and roll the base over the glitter until all areas are covered.
5. Apply a second layer of mod podge covering the desired area for the next application of glitter.
6. Take the colored extra fine glitter and pour over mod podge area until covered.
7. Apply a third layer with another color towards bottom part of vase to create a shimmery effect.