It takes only a half-dozen ingredients to create these delightful peanut butter cups from scratch. Grab some mini wrappers and chocolate and let’s get started.
- 1 Cup of Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 Tbsp of Softened Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 32 oz Milk Chocolate
- 1 Tsp of Coarse Sea Salt
How to Make
Combine the peanut butter, sugar, butter, and salt in a bowl.
Chop your chocolate and melt in a double boiler. Pour half of your chocolate into the mini wrappers, saving the other half for the top layer that will be added later.
Harden the chocolate by chilling in the freezer. Next, place your peanut butter mixture on top.
Add the top layer of chocolate, placing back into the freezer for a few minutes until hard.
Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy.
Tips for Melting Chocolate
While it may sound easy enough to put together a batch of peanut butter cups, it is important to remember that working with chocolate can be a sensitive process. These tips will help prevent any frustrating mistakes from occurring.
1. Make sure your chocolate is evenly chopped to melt more efficiently. Never attempt to melt a single large bar.
2. Avoid any contact with water. Even a few droplets of water on chocolate can make it unworkable.
3. Melt on low heat to prevent lumps and any grainy texture as a result of overheating.
4. Stir frequently, making sure to use a rubber spatula.